During setup, your device will need to be in WiFi setup mode. This activates its internal WiFi connection and allows you to transfer details of your own WiFi network to it. Here's some more help:
- This Seup Demonstration Videoprovides the step-by-step guide to get your first device connected. Full link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTmc7euwAu4
- If you are encountering ERROR 50X in the setup process, it means the connection between your phone and the device was not made successfully.
- In some cases, your phone preferentially uses its mobile network instead of the device WiFi to send data during the setup process, please try to turn off the mobile data then try again.
- Please check the device is in device setup mode (the indicator flashes alternate red and green.
- Please make sure your phone connects to the device WiFi. Then return to the App.
- Please make sure to use brand new Alkaline batteries. The WiFi setup will consume a lot of energy. External 5V 2A Micro USB can also be used as power source.
- Please note UbiBot devices cannot connected to 5 GHz only networks. If you see an Error code of 510, it means the device failed to connect to the internet. When checking your network settings, please ensure:
- Radio Mode = 2.4 GHz or 2.4/5 GHz Mixed Network.
- WiFi Channel Supported: 1-13. (Some earlier models may only support channel 1-11 as US standard)
- Channel width is set to 20 MHz or auto.
- WiFi Security: use OPEN, WEP, or WPA/WPA2 on your WiFi router.
- Your router does not need any additional login procedure to access the Internet after connecting.
- Your router has turned off MAC Address Filtering.
- You are not using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy Server.
- Your router does not have Wi-Fi Isolation enabled. Some “guest” networks have this setting as a default.
- Your router supports IPv4.
- If you are using a network extender/repeater, the network name (SSID) and password are the same as your primary network.
- If you are using a 2.4/5 GHz mixed network, make sure your mobile device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network at the beginning of the setup process.
- If your device is automatically switching back to the 5 GHz network during setup, your mobile device may need to forget the 5 GHz network. You can rejoing the network after setup.
- If you are using a 2.4/5 GHz mixed router and you have not set up a 2.4 GHz network, please set up the 2.4 GHz network to connect your UbiBot device. Access your router’s administrator screen. Type in the IP address of your router in an internet browser window. To locate the IP of your router, please refer to your router’s documentation or this list of common router IP addresses.
- Common special characters in WiFi SSID or password are acceptable but double quotation mark " will not be supported. Please check if there is this mark in the SSID or the WiFi password.
- Is the indicator flashing alternate red and green during the setup process? If it isn't, turn the device off and then re-enter WiFi setup mode.
If you still have problem with the setup, please download the PC Tools to try again. Here is the download page: www.ubibot.com/setup/
This tool is much easier to operate and can offer detailed failure reasons by diagnosing the issue happened.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We can respond within 24 hours and usually less than 2 hours.